The Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant) is a genomic DNA extraction kit optimized for genomic DNA, mitochondrial DNA and chloroplast DNA purification from plant tissue. This DNA extraction kitprocesses plant samples by grinding in liquid nitrogen followed by lysis buffer incubation. The lysate is treated with RNase A then filtered to remove cell debris and salt precipitates. In the presence of the binding buffer, coupled with chaotropic salt, genomic DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required, and the entire procedure can be completed in less than 30 minutes. For RNA purification from plant samples, the Total RNA Mini Kit (Plant) is also available.
Advantages (Cat. # GP100)
- Purify genomic DNA in less than 30 minutes!
- High Yield: 3-5 μg (100 mg Thale cress), 20-25 µg (100 mg Tobacco)
- Sample Size: up to 100 mg (fresh plant tissue), up to 25 mg (dry plant tissue)
- Spin Columns: glass fiber membrane optimized for genomic DNA extraction
- Elution Volume: 30-200 µl
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to 1 year without showing any reduction in performance
PCR, Real-time PCR, Southern Blotting and RFLP
- GPX1 Buffer (optimized for samples with high polysaccharide content)
- GP1, GP2, GP3 Buffers
- RNase A
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.5 at 25ºC)
- Filter Column
- GD Column
- 2 ml Collection Tubes
The quality of the Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant) is tested on a lot-to-lot basis according to Geneaid’s ISO-certified quality management system. Genomic DNA is extracted from 50 mg fresh young leaf samples. The purified genomic DNA (>10 µg) is quantified with a spectrophotometer and checked by electrophoresis.
Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant) Interactive Protocol
Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant) Functional Test Data
Figure 1. Genomic DNA was extracted from a variety of 100 mg plant sample species using the Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant). A 3 µl aliquot from each 200 µl eluate was analyzed by electrophoresis on a 1% agarose gel.
M = Geneaid 1 Kb DNA ladder
1. Cinnamomun camphora (Camphor tree)
2. Pisum sativum (Pea sprout)
3. Arabidopsis thaliana (Thale cress)
4. Oryza sativa (Rice)
5. Ipomoea batatas (Sweet potato vine)
6. Rhizoma dioscoreae (Chinese yam )
7. Populus tremula (Aspen)
8. Flammulina velutipes (Mushroom)
9. Oxalis comiculats (Clover)